Home Health Care
HOME HEALTH CARE
Insurance Agency of Ohio’s Home Health Care Program provides insurance protection for all sizes of organizations that offer skilled medical or home companion care in patients’ homes. With the professional advice from one of our insurance professionals, you can focus on delivering care to your patients while we focus on your insurance program.
Expand Your Property and Liability Insurance
The Home Health Care Program begins with our standard property and liability coverage. You can further customize your insurance program with a variety of coverage options.
- Home Health Care Property Endorsement – provides coverage specifically for the property important to home health care organizations:
– automated external defibrillators (AED)
– mobile medical equipment, including cell phones, laptops and other highly portable personal computers
– money and securities of your customers while in your care, custody or control
– additional limit for property while on exhibition at a trade show or while in transit in a vehicle
– expenses for counseling (when not guilty) and restoring your reputation after an actual or alleged act of sexual misconduct
- Data Compromise and Identity Theft Recovery Expense Coverage – extends your property coverage to provide reasonable expenses when responding to a breach of sensitive employee or client information. Coverage also provides access to an exclusive website with breach preparation tools and services to help protect your organization.
- Home Health Care Commercial General Liability Endorsement – enhances your home health care liability insurance:– covers damage to personal property of your clients caused by you, regardless of fault
– covers your acts, errors or omissions committed in the administration of employee benefit programs
– expands who is an insured to include your medical directors and administrators
– reimburses you for expenses incurred by your medical director or administrator as the result of a criminal case brought against them
– expands the definition of bodily injury to include mental anguish as a result of bodily injury
– provides medical expenses as a result of bodily injury and reimbursement for property damage as the result of an assault to an insured when workers’ compensation coverage does not apply
Options to Suit Your Needs
Round out your insurance program with these options:
- sexual misconduct or sexual molestation liability – covers insured individuals and the organization against such allegations and defends innocent parties up to the limit of insurance
- crime insurance and service industry bonds – cover the criminal theft of your clients’ property
- business automobile insurance – covers your risk from a nonowned vehicle or owning a fleet
- umbrella – provides higher amounts of liability insurance with no deductible or self-insured retention in most states
Protect Your Professional Reputation
You can tailor professional coverages for exposures unique to home health care organizations. You receive the option to choose between claims-made or occurrence coverage forms, which are available in most states. Insurance Agency of Ohio also offers a professional umbrella.
Insurance Agency of Ohio Advantage
Work confidently, knowing you are protected by a superior insurance program that provides:
- loss control services at no additional charge
- exceptional claims service from a representative who lives in or near your community in most cases
- multi-year policy terms for many coverages in most states
- stability from a company with a high financial strength rating from A.M. Best Co.
- a management team specifically dedicated to keeping your insurance on the leading edge
According to this ABC News Article, the home health care industry is booming and growing much faster than the economy as a whole. By 2020, the ranks of home health and personal care aides will have swelled by more than 1.3 million—a 70 percent increase from 2010,...
This article on Chron.com details 5 steps for insuring a home health care business. We certainly agree with their list, but would suggest an easier way would be to give our professionals at Insurance Agency of Ohio a call. We have a special program for Home Health...