Selecting the appropriate insurance is essential for your business. The Insurance Agencies of Ohio Craft Beverage Program specifically insures craft breweries, wineries and distilleries, including tasting rooms, brewpubs or restaurants. With professional advice from our insurance professionals, you can craft the finest beverages for your customers while we focus on your insurance needs.
Choose Insurance Agencies of Ohio’s Craft Beverage Program
Your program begins with our standard property and liability coverage forms. Plus these important coverages are included and charged for separately:
- data compromise and identity theft expense coverage – provides for certain expenses after a covered loss to help you respond and protect your good name. It also includes access to services to help you prepare for such events
- product recall coverage – provides for the cost of recalling your products that have caused or have potential to cause bodily injury or property damage
You can further customize your insurance by purchasing additional coverages needed for your business:
Expand Your Commercial Property Insurance
- Craft Beverage Commercial Property Endorsement – provides over 35 increased or expanded coverage features, along with one of the following:
- Brewery Property Endorsement or Distillery Property Endorsement – adds four special coverage features for your craft brewery or distillery, including tank collapse, tank leakage, key-employee replacement expense and processing water extra expense
- Winery Property Endorsement – provides the same four special features, plus additional coverage for your incidental vines and trellises
Consider Other Options Available
- Restaurant Property Endorsement – benefits operations that include a restaurant, providing coverage for customer’s property, goods on consignment and key-employee replacement expense
- Product Contamination or Adulteration Endorsement – provides protection for your beverage product against accidental contamination while being processed
- Equipment Breakdown Coverage – extends your property policy to cover loss to real and business personal property from the sudden and accidental breakdown of machinery and equipment used in your business
- Protection Against Loss From Crime – We offer a bundle of eight crime coverages that are important to your business, including employee theft, forgery and alteration, theft of money and securities, computer fraud, funds transfer fraud and loss from accepting in good faith money orders and counterfeit money
- State and Federal Liquor Tax Bonds – helps you meet surety requirements to ensure payment of appropriate taxes to governmental entities when alcoholic beverages are sold
Options to Suit Your Needs
Round out your insurance program with these options:
- liquor liability
- transportation and temperature change coverage
- umbrella liability
- crisis event expense coverage
- business auto coverage
Insurance Agencies of Ohio Advantage
Work confidently, knowing you are protected by a superior insurance program that provides:
- loss control services at no additional charge
- access to vendors offering specialized loss control services and training at discounted rates
- superior claims service from a representative who lives in or near your community
- multi-year policy terms for many coverages in most states
- a management team specifically dedicated to keeping your insurance program on the leading edge
Our products are available through multiple companies. Learn more about our Craft Breweries products and services.
The craft brewing business is booming across the country. According to the website www.ohiocraftbeer.com there are currently 99 craft breweries in Ohio and that number increases every year. Many insurance companies can provide coverage for a craft beverage business,...
According to the Craft Brewing Association, the volume of craft brews increased 18% in 2013. Over the last 10 years it has averaged better than 10% a year. Craft breweries present difficult challenges to insure properly. Liquor liability for one, but other things you...